Open Position: IT Technician
Location: Main Branch (150 Hauenstein Rd, Huntington, IN)
Take the next step toward your new career today! At Bippus State Bank, we aim to support and uplift the citizens and businesses of our communities. And by doing so, we focus on building relationships and discovering opportunities to better serve our communities and understand the financial needs of every customer we serve.
To support and maintain assigned in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes providing daily support on end user issues related to the assigned systems. It also includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware, equipment, and software while ensuring optimal workstation performance. This person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate manner and maintain accurate record keeping in the bank’s ticketing system. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide quality first responder support for issues with assigned applications both in-person and remote.
- Perform general technical support functions, including physical installation, assembly, configuration, and maintenance of the personal computer network.
- Continually seek the proper training and education on assigned and other key bank software applications, hardware and other industry standards that will be helpful with general IT related troubleshooting.
- Protect the security and integrity of the confidential information of both employees and customers of the bank.
- Provide occasional on-call support for emergency issues after-hours
HOURS & BENEFITS
Full time (40 hours/week)
Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Time Off
Experience Required: one to three years of similar or related experience
An Associate’s degree in any information technology field or comparable work experience preferred. Relevant technology industry certifications may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Ability to work well independently and with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to self-organize
- Must be very detail-oriented
- Must demonstrate appropriate care of sensitive and confidential information
- Knowledge and experience with the physical components of PC’s and their related functions as well as peripheral hardware such as printers and scanners.
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting and resolving common Windows desktop operating systems issues.
- While not required, the ability to demonstrate knowledge in any of the following systems will be advantageous: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft 365 Administration, Cisco or Cisco-Meraki network hardware, Cisco phone systems, and networked computing and storage devices.
- Recognizing potential email phishing attempts and safely validating the authenticity of suspect messages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to carry objects up to 75lbs, add/remove cabling under desks and counters and climb ladders.
Work is typically performed indoors in an office environment. Regular travel to the banks various offices is required, so a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and a reliable vehicle are required for this position.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.