Open Position: Compliance Specialist
Location: Huntington Main Branch (150 Hauenstein Rd. Huntington, IN)
Working at Bippus State Bank is more than a job. We’re a community bank with local roots that cares about not only our customers but our employees because at the end of the day, they are one of most important assets. When you join our team, you participate in our mission to provide financial solutions to our customers, go the extra mile to deliver exceptional service and build a better, more prosperous community around us.
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for providing support for the Head of Compliance. The Compliance Specialist, under supervision, will complete cash audits and compliance reviews designed to monitor the Bank’s compliance with Federal and Indiana state laws and regulations. In addition, the Compliance Specialist will provide the BSA staff with general support as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Perform regulatory compliance reviews, research, and cash audits under supervision of Head of Compliance.
- Gather data, and report compliance review and cash audit results in a timely manner as scheduled in the compliance review plan.
- Using Audit and Compliance standards create electronic work papers showing information reviewed that supports the result of each compliance review and cash audit. Recommendations which reduce costs or increase efficiencies should be considered throughout the process.
- Assist and support the Compliance and BSA Education Program development and tracking.
- Assist and support the Complaint Management Program through tracking, research, documentation, record retention, and responses in a timely manner.
- Provide support to the BSA staff as needed and assigned by the Head of Compliance.
- Review, analyze, and effectively provide guidance on various aspects of Bank compliance, including but not limited to: new and changed regulations; compliance change management, compliance risk assessments, or general compliance inquiries.
- May assist in the preparation for external regulatory audits and state and federal regulatory examinations.
- Must understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and comply with the requirements.
- Abide by all policies and guidelines as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Seek out, develop, and maintain knowledge and skills through completion of continuing education and training pertinent to the position.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Three (3) years or more of banking compliance, bank compliance audit, banking operations, legal banking, or bank processing experience required – may be a cumulative combination.
- Prior experience reading, analyzing, summarizing laws and regulations is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform research and analysis on unfamiliar topics with little direction required.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working with little or no supervision.
- Highly motivated with the ability to be proactive, take initiative, and carefully monitor, follow through, and complete projects/responsibilities in a professional and timely fashion.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to interact with freely and comfortably with staff and management at all levels.
- Displays professionalism
- Teamwork oriented
- Proficiency with PC utilization, standard office software (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
Associate degree in English, Legal, Data Analytics, or similar required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. CRCM Certification preferred.
Ability to travel for audits, meetings, projects or seminars as needed.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.